Fundamentals of Training & The Trainer’s EDGE
THE FUNDAMENTALS OF TRAINING: This is the first part of the three-part train-the-trainer continuum. The course introduces teaching techniques and skills to trainers, regardless of their experience, and instructs them on how to present effective training. Intended for both youth and adult trainers, the course will help those who train or lead group activities. Additionally, it will help freshen up the skills of current BSA trainers.
THE TRAINER’S EDGE: The Trainer's EDGE is meant to supplement the practice offered through Wood Badge and NYLT staff development, with a focus on the participant, while raising the level of skill a trainer brings to the staff experience. Only practice can polish these skills, but this course is intended to "train the trainer" on behaviors and resources while offering hands-on experience in methods and media.
- Saturday, January 18, 2014
- Three Harbors Council-Milwaukee Service Center, 330 S. 84th Street, Milwaukee, WI 53214
- Cost: $10.00 by January 10, 2014 (cost includes pizza lunch)
- Registration: 8:00 a.m.
- Training: 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Who should attend? This training is designed for Wood Badge and NYLT trainers as well as Roundtable Commissioners, Camp Staff, Council Trainers, and anyone else interested in improving their training and platform skills.
- Pre-Course Preparation: Each participant will be required to conduct a 10-minute presentation on a topic of their choosing. This is part of the program. Contact Course Directors with questions.
- Course Directors: Jeff Kitzman: (414) firstname.lastname@example.org and Doug Reed II: (414) 651-4741 email@example.com
Cub Scout Basic Leader Training
- Saturday, February 8, 2014
- Cross Lutheran Church 126 Chapel Terrace Burlington WI
- 8:00 a.m. Check-in
- 8:30 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. --- Cub Scout Leader Training required for all untrained leaders.
- This training does not need to be repeated if leaders change position.
- 10:15 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. --- Position Specific Training for your new position or a refresher for
- up-to-date changes. Position Specific Training is required for each new change of a leadership position.
- New Leaders MUST complete both sessions to be considered trained.
- Cost: $5.00 includes a resource CD
- Questions: Contact Glen Bordak at (262) 687-6621 or Glen.Bordak@wfhc.org
Boy Scout Leader Basic Training & Outdoor Skills
Boy Scout leaders and Cub Scout leaders ready to move into Boy Scouts at all levels learn about troop structure, patrol method, advancement, outdoors and troop administration. Leaders will be shown ideas for working with youth leaders, planning strong programs and providing leadership opportunities for Boy Scouts through advancement opportunities and fun filled events, including camping experiences.
- March 28 – 30, 2014
- Indian Mound Scout Reservation
- Check in: 6:30 p.m. on Friday
- Check out: 3:30 p.m. on Sunday
- Fee: $35 by March 22, 2014 - $45 after March 22, 2014 Includes 5 meals and 2 cracker barrels
- Tent Camping is optional
- Questions contact Vicky Doering at Vicky.t.Doering@jci.com or (414) 520-2754
Basic & Beyond
The Basic & Beyond is a practical Pow Wow style supplemental training for unit adults. The courses are designed to help YOU go beyond the basics to improve your skills and increase your knowledge about Cub Scouting, Boy Scouting, and related subjects. We have organized a half-day packed with program ideas, and information. In addition, you’ll have the opportunity to meet and share ideas with other Scouters throughout the area.
- Saturday, March 8, 2014
- Gateway Technical College, 3520 30th Avenue, Kenosha, WI
- Registration 8:00 a.m.
- Opening 8:30 a.m.
- Classes 8:45 a.m. to 1:45 p.m.
- Fee $8 before March 1, 2014 $10 after March 1, 2014
- Includes a reference CD
- Questions contact Karen Recklies at firstname.lastname@example.org or Vicky Doering at Vicky.t.Doering@jci.com.